Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Germany!

Oh, Oktoberfest. This was one of the only things that I wanted to experience abroad, and at the last minute my roommates friends found flights for 90 euros to go to Munich. So we jumped at the opportunity to go. The next day we were there, with no place to stay, no idea where we were going and not really knowing many people that were there. What an experience. I can't believe that we actually went, its still a blur to me. The weekend went by way too fast. I wish I could go back. I have never seen so many drunk people in my whole entire life, and I was in Santa Barbara for halloween last year. Believe me, this put SB to shame. We ended up sleeping at the train station on saturday night, I actually took a picture of it just to make sure I could remember the exact place. I'll point it out. I can now say I know how it felt to be homeless for a weekend. We were woken up by the police on Sunday. Yelling in German, that was pretty rough hahah.  And sunday night we decided to sleep at the airport because our flight was at 6:30m am on Monday morning. So overall we didn't sleep much. Being in an uncomfortable position for two straight nights was definitely not ideal and I probably wouldn't do it again if I had the choice. However life is about experiences and that is definitely one that I will be telling my kids about later in life! I really loved Germany, well what I saw of it. I actually think I might go back at some point to see other parts of it. That is one regret that I have, I feel like I didn't see enough of Germany but lets face it. We were there to go drink beer and meet people which is exactly what we did! I still can't believe that it happened and now its over. It makes me sad but I definitely want to go back... hint hint Alyson, study abroad and we will go to Germany :) Overall totally worth all the bad sleep, pretzel & kabob eating, beer drinking and euros spent. I am in love with oktoberfest and want to go back next year! 





renee and i :)









this is where we slept :)



best beer ever!!









drunk passed out kid on the hill.



we love munichhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment